I am a Psychotherapist working in Sussex in the NHS and in private practice. I have a Masters in Psychology (MSc) and Post graduate accredited training in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) from Canterbury Christchurch University. I also hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy, accredited by the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP).
I am a professional member of the BABCP – British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies which is the lead organisation for CBT in the UK and Ireland.
My client work is guided by the ethical framework and guidelines of the BACP and BABCP. I have studied at postgraduate level for several years. My recent qualifications and training are:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) PGDip
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy PGDip
- Master of Science in Psychology (MSc)
Experience and training
- NHS – I work in an NHS Psychological Therapy Service in Sussex
- Psychotherapist & Counsellor in private practice since 2014
- LGBT Switchboard Volunteer Counsellor, Brighton
- Bereavement Counsellor at St Barnabas House Hospice, Worthing
- Associate Counsellor at a substance abuse service, supporting people with drug and alcohol misuse
- Six year’s experience on a national helpline supporting people in distress and despair
- Outreach and training with offenders at HMP Lewes
- I regularly attend Continuing Professional Development (CPD) events to enhance my practice
- I receive regular supervision, this is an essential part of my practice
- I am fully insured, including public liability insurance
Main client groups
- Duo (Friends, or other family members as appropriate)
Sussex Counselling & Psychotherapy (SCAP) I am affiliated with this independent Sussex based organisation for professional counsellors and psychotherapists.
Sussex Alcohol Counselling Service I am a member of Sussex Alcohol Counselling Service an independent counselling service in Sussex for people struggling with problems related to alcohol or drug use. This includes stress, relationship issues, family breakdown, domestic violence, severe depression and anxiety.